Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
This one goes out to my momma...
who wanted to devour my baby's tasty snacks on our Florida trip!!!
You will need:
1c shredded cheese
1/4 c butter
3/4 c flour
fistful of leafy greens... this time it was kale
*sidenote: I freeze my fresh kale or spinach because I always buy more than I can eat before it spoils, and I love throwing those delicate frozen bits in the blender with my smoothies!
*sidenote part 2: yes; I know my kale looks like questionable "leafy greens"! That's def. not how we roll!
created by AB Tacker at 2:08 AM
Monday, April 15, 2013
this was the first time I'd gone back to a parade in my hometown area since high school! Looks like my family loved it! We joined my brother's family in their hometown, Orting. The Daffodil Parade is a big deal in this area. I'm not sure what to call it, so I'll just call it marching & show.... They march 4 shows starting in Tacoma (the biggest). Then the Puyallup parade, Sumner, and lastly, Orting (the smallest). When I used to march with cheer or band throughout Sumner Jr High (GO BOBCATS!!!) & Sumner High School (WOOHOO SPARTS!!!) days , Orting used to be an option for us. Many of the girls were soaked & freezing, that they'd ditch it. Although always predictably drizzly & freezing, it was fun!
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
created by AB Tacker at 11:12 PM
Totally out of order timeline, but some highlights from the beginning drive to our trip south for Spring Break
- 3/30 5pm: Amazing Arizona light. Glow-y saguaro silhouette
- 3/29 1:30am: The moon over North Central Utah
- 3/29 5:45pm: Looking south after crossing into Arizona. Sunset reflecting on the Colorado River as we drove east past the Hoover Dam (24 hours before pic 1)
- 3/30 9:45pm: Getting cross-eyed tired after (not even driving) the treck! Getting closer to the in-laws in Phoenix area.
- 3/29 12pm: Side-blotched Lizard (?) St. George, UT
- Baby Rad & The Dad chillaxing at the Red Cliffs Desert Reserve, St. George, UT.
- Still St. George, UT. Dixie Rock was recommended by a friend that lives near here. Kids ran around to get the wiggles out for about 20 minutes. Such a pretty place!
- 3/29 8pm: zzzzzzzz just after entering Arizona after watching the sunset with his head out the window.
- Exploring the random caves around Dixie Rock.
created by AB Tacker at 9:46 AM
Sunday, March 17, 2013
So, I'm not much of a wordy blogger, so bear with me. I just wanted to share an important tip for the designated family memory-keeper. Lighting is so important in capturing the real mood of things! See how (kinda depressing/naughty?) my boy looks in the 1st photo? The second image is way more lively!
I hope this info is helpful, even for just ONE person! I always use a (real reflector on real photoshoots, but grabbed for the closest thing when my 5 year old was taking his brother's pic)
Hope you like my tip!